Gone Coastal

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Renesting

Well, I'm down to the last few days of my mat leave, and there's something oddly familiar about the sense of urgency I feel with my to do list. Much as there were many things I hoped to have completed when we were awaiting Tweetie's arrival, I have a host of things I figure have to be done this week because they'll never get done once I'm back at work. In fact, I'm not sure I'll be able to get anything done, so if it's remotely important I'd better do it now. It feels very much like nesting all over again - but without the hormones (PHew!)

Thankfully, I think I've also learned a thing or two in the last year. Like it won't all get done, and the world won't end because of it. And there's been a gentle nudging at my heart to start now setting boundaries to keep a balance. When I needed to log into the corporate network to send some info to my resource manager, I had to stop myself from jumping in and sorting through all the old e-mails in my work account. I can do that when I'm actually back on duty. I've shuffled a few things on my list as well. I'm doing pretty well, I think, at dealing with things that need dealing with, but I'm trying to also spend as much time with Tweetie as I can, and keep my priorities straight.
I don't yet know where I'll be working. It will depend on what projects are on the go that have a need for my skillset. Wherever I end up, I pray that I'll be able to keep a right perspective on roles as worker, wife and mother. And I pray I'll have the wisdom and courage to make tough choices to protect my family, if need be. I worry that I won't be able to keep it all together, but I'm encouraged by looking back on the past year. God took me through the radical transition to motherhood - the hardest thing I've ever done by far - and the many changes that came in the first year. I know he'll take me through whatever's ahead, and not give me more than I can handle. He is good, and I'm anxious to see what he has in store for me.
But, brave and secure as that all sounded, pray for me anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home