Gone Coastal

Saturday, July 21, 2007

A long night.

Okay, so there haven't exactly been waves of great posts rolling in on this coastal spot lately. Not that I haven't thought of you all, I just haven't had a lot of time, and more significantly, I haven't had my own laptop handy.
Our little road trip is winding down, and we're heading home. I'm sitting here in a hotel in Smithers, hoping T will finally fall asleep soon. Overall she's been a great little traveler, but today has taught us that morning trips work much better for her than disrupting her evening routine.
Wait. Did you hear that? Oops, spoke too soon. Another sputter and squirm, but it's getting quieter. She's been fussing and tossing and crawling around since we rolled in about three hours ago. As soon as it stays quiet I'm signing off this post, but there should be more soon, as tomorrow will be a day more like our other traveling days. We'll be heading out early, ideally packing the car while she's still mostly asleep and at most feeding her a bottle and loading her up in the car before she's fully awake. We pulled a couple of 9+ hour legs that way a couple of weeks ago on the way up, and she handled it pretty well.
hmmm... silence. I'm off to finish the bottles and get me to bed.
Cheers

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • nice to have you back on the blog! You are missed.

    By Blogger Tex, at 9:44 a.m.  

  • Awww... shucks, Tex.
    I've got at least a couple more posts incubating, but it may be a little quiet around here for awhile after that again. It maybe quiet, but it's never dull behind the scenes.

    By Blogger Coastal, at 9:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home