Gone Coastal

Monday, July 24, 2006

Still kickin'

Yes, it's been a long time since I've posted. It's been pretty busy, but I thought I'd better put something up before my small readership gave up on me.
So, since my last post, we had a visit from the final pair of inlaws on the long weekend and acquired a new fridge with ice-maker to make the Bear really happy. I must admit that in the recent heat, I've developed an appreciation for readily available crushed ice. We spent the next weekend back in Kelowna tearing out the walls around the basement bath in our old house after an inspector found a soft spot behind a dropped tile. We also loaded up the last of the stuff we'd left behind for the tenants, did some catching up with some good friends, and I got a slight sunburn. I took an extra day to recover, and still found the three day week that followed a little long. This past weekend we finally spent at home on our own, but it was no less busy. We cleared the stuff in the soon-to-be nursery to one side, patched the two accessible walls, painted two coats of Chesapeake Sunrise, put the new wood trim on the inside of the new windows, moved all the remaining stuff to the opposite side, and pulled the trim off the door and closet on the other side. So hopefully this weekend, we can patch the other walls and the remaining ceiling, and get the cleaned up trim back on the doors. There's still some very bright and badly painted blue on the large baseboards, but we've decided to leave that now until we get inspired.

And finally, I've put in my official notice that will be my last week of work. Phew! So, perhaps there'll be a few more posts again in the coming weeks, at least until the baby arrives and my hands are really full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home