Gone Coastal

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Welcome to the coast

Welcome to my blog. I had the idea for the blog (or at least the title and a few thoughts of what I'd do with it) some time ago, and had my man snag the domain for future development. After that, as things often go, not much happened - at least as far as the blog was concerned. Those who know us know much has happened since in the rest of our lives. For starters, we recently bought the house we'd been renting, and in a few short months we'll be full-fledged parents.
On that last note, today is Mother's Day. Yesterday, a good 'badgering' buddy of ours was catching up with my Bear. Knowing we're expecting, the Badger asked him what he planned to do for me for Mother's day. I'll spare you the interesting discussion that followed (or the half I heard plus the equally riveting half I imagined), but I think it prompted my Bear to go digging through the den for an answer to 'what can I do?' And so, he set up Gone Coastal for me here, ensured that the domain he'd secured earlier would point to it, and set me loose.
Seems to me the timing couldn't have been better, as the house purchase really does make the return to the coast feel a lot more permanent.
I hope to have a chance to customize this a bit over time, so don't be surprised if it looks a bit different every now and then, but don't hold your breath either. I don't tend to move too quick these days (what with twenty-some extra pounds hovering around my belly) and now that this house is ours there's lots of other little projects to be tackled before the arrival of our new family member. I expect I'll still be able to post something with reasonable regularity, so do check back now and then.
And a good day wish to all the other mothers (and mothers-to-be) out there.

2 Comments:

  • Happy Mother's Day to a newbie. I'm glad that your Bear got his act together. Tell him I'm proud of him! Nice blog. I'll bookmark you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 p.m.  

  • I'll get a man on it.
    Wait, that's my man's line...

    By Blogger Coastal, at 1:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home