Gone Coastal

Thursday, March 29, 2007

No Pictures, But Great Memories

Well, I'm home again and pretty much recovered from our travels last week. We arrived home Monday night, having spent a riveting three hours waiting to get on the ferry. I actually read all the questions on the touristy forestry display, and Tango helped me turn the little log slices around to read the answers (have I mentioned she's a pretty strong girl for under 7 months?).

Since we left the Okanagan Sunday, I've had so many photographable moments (can you call them Kodak moments when you don't use film anymore?) Sadly, it was en route to my mom's that night (4 hours too late) that we realized the camera was still at our friends' place, on the piano. Otherwise, I'd be able to share with you pictures of the Bear's mounted buck (a good size - we've still got sausages from two years ago) riding in the passenger's seat of the truck. That got a few double takes along the road, and some folks we met on the ferry posed with him. There'd also be a picture of my little clone demonstrating an early capacity for multi-tasking: holding her bottle up with the crook of her elbow so her hands were free to play with a toy. I'm sure it was a pure accident that she pulled that off, but it was worth a good laugh! There'd perhaps be a (tastefully cropped) shot of her reaching behind to the flush handle from her potty seat. She was probably looking for a shower curtain, which is her favourite bathroom distraction at home, but she still used it right when I gave her the chance.
And lest you think this is a proud mama with rose-colored glasses post, I might also have tried to capture an audio clip to highlight her new vocal skills. Seems that all the extra social attention she received last week went to her head, and on our first day home again, while I was still pretty fuzzy, she decided to voice her objections to having just me to entertain her - which means entertaining herself at least some of the time. Jem, our Okanagan host, got to hear a live rendition over the phone. It's the first time she's combined all the babbling - which increased with all the conversations she sat in on last week - with crying, and it sounded rather comical at first. "MBwah-mbah-mwah-mbah-...."
The only thing there'd be no pictures of would be the great party we all had Saturday night to celebrate anniversaries. We were too busy laughing ourselves silly! A great time was definitely had, and I'm hoping we can all get together again soon.
But now, I must pick up my little diva and take her for her six month shots, which we missed before the trip. Perhaps we'll learn a new song on the way...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home