Gone Coastal

Saturday, August 26, 2006

the latest

Just because there's at least one or two of you who know me well enough to be wondering how things are progressing with the journey towards parenthood, here's a quick update. Firstly, we're still waiting. The early hints of the previous week settled down again, and we made it to Vancouver and back for my mom's wedding without 'popping'. But the last couple of days have been a little less comfortable, especially the nights, so perhaps baby's getting restless again? It's feeling like there's less and less room all the time, which has a lot to do with the uncomfortable nights - I've been suffering some mild heartburn pretty persistently most of the week. The last two nights, I've found getting up really early and walking around for a time, being upright, maybe having some breakfast if it's not TOO early, seems to help, and after an hour or so I can lie down in bed again and sleep soundly again for awhile.
There have been a few more contractions here and there, but nothing serious, yet. I wouldn't call myself desperate yet by any means, but at this point I'd be happy to see the baby out in the world and to be able to take a deep breath again (oh, to fill my lungs past 1/3 capacity ;) I think emotionally, I'm about as ready as I will be, and even the nursery is pretty darn close and could be made functional very quickly if needed (I've been picking through some of the boxes and stuff to downsize and organize a bit, but there's probably space to stuff most of the boxes on the existing shelves now).
So, that's where we're at. I'll try to post if anything changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home