Gone Coastal

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Notice: Bear on Duty

So, tonight I'm starting an evening class at the local art college. It's an intro course in acrylics, and I'm looking forward to actually developing some technique in a medium. Those who know me artistically know that I'm prone to doing something completely different with every project I start and improvising as I go. But more even than the chance to learn and create, this will be the first scheduled thing I've done without T at my side. Apart from a handful of spontaneous brief escapes when she was quiet or sleeping and the Bear was around to keep an eye or ear out for her, she's gone everywhere I've gone for the last four and a half months.
And of course this means the Bear is on duty tonight, and every Tuesday for the next ten weeks. I'm trying to lay out everything for him, and I'm sure he and T will do just fine, but he's a bit apprehensive. So if you should happen to read this tonight and you feel so led, say a prayer for the Bear on his first shift.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • He's still alive to face another week, poor guy.
    Apparently she cried pretty much continually and unconsolably, not even taking a bottle, until she cried herself off to sleep. Naturally she stopped for about ten minutes about the time I checked in on my break, so I was blissfully unaware.
    I think it was her teeth again. She seems to be alternating good and bad days, where good days she eats to make up for the bad days when she spent much of the afternoon and evening crying.

    By Blogger Coastal, at 10:03 p.m.  

  • What surprised me was how odd it felt not to have put her to bed myself. It's like my day was incomplete and it was hard to go to bed, even after doing the stuff I usually do after she's sleeping, and resist picking her up for a cuddle and a burp :)

    By Blogger Coastal, at 10:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home