Gone Coastal

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

12-18 months

Right.
This won't be news to anyone who's already got kids, or has tried to buy clothes for someone else's kids. Sizings for baby clothes are fairly arbitrary and seemingly random.
I got my first taste of this before T arrived, as I was sorting the great bounty of stuff we were given. Sorting the sleepers by actual, physical size, I had things marked as 12 months that were smaller than some marked 3 months.
Well, last week I had to do a bit more shopping. I'd noticed that several of the pants she had without feet were pulling up to her knees when she was sitting (something she's practicing a lot these days, with a little support). So, we went down to Abra-Kid-Abra, a great little new and used kids store. Fortunately, my eye for size has improved, and I can now look at things on the rack before looking at size labels and get a pretty good idea of what's going to fit (or be a little big, as all parents know is best until they get old enough to protest).
She got two used tops, and a pair of used jeans, (for $6 each - woohoo), and one new pair of pants 'cause they were way too cute. They all fit her nicely, just a little loose with room to grow. And they were all labeled 12 months or 12-18 months. She's only 4 1/2 months old! She's not a tiny girl, never was, but she's not that big.
Whatever.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home