Gone Coastal

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Spoilage

I'm itching to get to some of the other posts in my head, but I really must start by giving kudos to the Bear for arranging for me to be spoiled rotten yesterday afternoon.
It all started before Christmas, where we were headed for a second buy nothing season. But I made a suggestion that maybe avoiding material gifts might still allow for a little treating, hinting broadly that I could really use a massage to soothe those freshly developed mommy muscles. Those of you who know the Bear know he never does anything half-@ss, so I really shouldn't have been surprised when he got me a certificate for a half-day spa retreat! The only thing that's kept me from using it these past three months, of course, has been finding half a day.
So, when my MIL was planning to come down to the nearby mainland to visit her newest grandson, the Bear enticed her to come over for a few days to help sort out the piles that have kept the living area far from a child safety showcase (need to find the floor before you can install that fence and gate ;). And while she was here, she could watch the baby for the afternoon while I was being babied.
I was up early, had all the creatures fed, the trio walked, and Tango bathed in the tub. Queued her up to doze off in the car en route so she'd sleep awhile for grandma. Then the indulgence began. It started with a light lunch, followed by a full-body aromatherapy massage and wrap, a facial, and a hair styling to finish things up. Very relaxing. I was so relaxed by the time it came to the hair, I gave the stylist free reign to play (there were no scissors involved, so if I really didn't like it, I'd just wash it out).
If I were to go back and pick just one thing to do again (and again, and...) it would be the massage. Of course, I could also be talked into trying some of the other massage options offered, and I haven't tried the hydrotherapy, or any hands or feet options (perhaps a foot treatment?). And if I should someday find myself in maternity clothes again, you can bet I'll be fishing for the Expectant Mothers' Retreat.
Funny thing, I seemed to be much more in tune with T today - catching the cues left, right and center. Either that or she enjoyed the little break from her wound-up mommy and was thus more clear in her cues. Perhaps a bit of both? All 'round, it was a very good thing.

Thanks for a great day, Bear!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Great post...it was really nice going through it...good to know about your wonderful day...and well as Mothers Day is also approaching do drop by my blog on Mothers Day Wishes sometime and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:26 p.m.  

  • Welcome Gerry, and thanks for stopping by. Always nice to discover some new readers.

    By Blogger Coastal, at 8:20 a.m.  

  • Sounds just wonderful Coastal!! It's interesting how well our bodies and minds respond to rest and pampering. I'm not surprised you picked up on T's signals faster after you had time to yourself. Keep it up!! Love and hugs. Bear done good! Let's see...birthdays, holidays, anniversary, mother's day, just cause I love you days, Christmas present, Valentines Day....what other reasons for a spa certificate throughout the year?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 p.m.  

  • And don't forget Father's Day. Just in case the boys were feeling left out, they do offer some services for men.

    By Blogger Coastal, at 3:42 p.m.  

  • hmmmm sounds good. I think I'll casually find a way to mention this to my own husband. Maybe as a first mother's day present?

    By Blogger Mrs. Cowan, at 5:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home